In the summer of 2016, state lawmakers passed House Bill 523, based on overwhelming evidence that medical marijuana has the potential to improve the quality of life for Ohio residents. With the passage of this bill, medical marijuana became legal throughout the state of Ohio!
Who is eligible for an Ohio Medical Marijuana Card?
- Individuals who are at least 18 years old.
- Patients under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a caregiver who is at least 21 years old.
- A current diagnosis of a qualifying condition is required (see below).
- You must be a legal resident of Ohio with proof of residency.
- Meet with a Certified Ohio Marijuana Doctor.
What Conditions Qualify for a Medical Marijuana Card in Ohio?
The Ohio Medical Board has approved the use of medical marijuana to treat and relieve the symptoms of a number of medical conditions and ailments.
There are currently 22 conditions that can be treated with medical marijuana, with the possibility of new conditions being added in the future. Every year, there is a petition period during which new qualifying medical conditions can be requested.
Here is the Ohio medical marijuana list of conditions 2021:
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
- Alzheimer’s Disease
- Cachexia, wasting syndrome
- Chronic Pain
- Crohn’s Disease
- Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy (CTE)
- Epilepsy (seizures)
- Hepatitis C
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD)
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Sickle Cell Anemia
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Tourette Syndrome
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Get Approved for Medical Marijuana in Ohio Through Telemedicine
If you suffer from one of the conditions listed above, you may be eligible for medical marijuana treatment in Ohio.
Schedule an evaluation with a medical marijuana doctor at any of the Ohio Medical Marijuana Card clinic locations, or get approved for medical marijuana treatment from the comfort and safety of your own home!
Meet with an Ohio marijuana doctor via telemedicine today and get approved. The procedure is simple and quick.
Our telemedicine platform allows you to consult with a doctor from the comfort of your own home using your smartphone, computer, or tablet.
For telemedicine appointments, they offer same-day registration so you can get to the dispensaries right away.